Alzheimer's Foundation of America Programs and Services
Family Respite Care Grant Recipients
AFA is proud to provide family respite care grants to AFA nonprofit member organizations so they can disperse scholarships to families to offset or cover the cost of adult day programs, in-home aides, overnight stays or other respite services for loved ones with dementia. Each cycle, a select number of the family respite care grants are awarded in memory of Anna P. Brodsky, the deceased mother of board chairman Bert. E. Brodsky, or in memory of Phyllis and Milton Berg, the late parents of board member Barry Berg.
Fall 2014 Phyllis and Milton Berg Family Respite Care Grant Recipients
- Alzheimer's & Dementia Services of Northern Indiana, South Bend, IN
- Chenal Adult Day Center, Little Rock, AR
- Range Respite, Virginia, MN
- Southeastern Wake Adult Day Center, Raleigh, NC
- Thelma's Place, Canby, OR
- Meals On Wheels Programs & Services of Rockland, Nanuet, NY
- Alzheimer's Disease Association of Kern County, Bakersfield, CA
- Alzheimer's Services of the Capital Area, Baton Rouge, LA
- AGE of Central Texas, Austin, TX
- Hawaii Adult Day Care, Inc., Hilo, HI
Spring 2014 Phyllis and Milton Berg Family Respite Care Grant Recipients
- Hands of Grace Faith in Action, Delta, OH
- St. Johns Council on Aging, St. Augustine, FL
- Northeast Kansas Area Agency on Aging, Hiawatha, KS
- Respite Care Services of Oxford, Inc., Oxford, MS
- Senior Access Adult Day Services, San Rafael, CA
Fall 2013 Anna P. Brodsky Family Respite Care Grant Recipients
- Area 1 Agency on Aging, Eureka, Calif.
- Community Adult Respite Experience, Inc., Abermarle, N.C.
- Conejo Valley Senior Concerns, Thousand Oaks, Calif.
- Hawaii Island Adult Care, Inc., Hilo, Hawaii
- Payson Multipurpose Senior Center , Payson, Ariz.
Fall 2013 Phyllis and Milton Berg Family Respite Care Grant Recipients
- Alvin A. Dubin Alzheimer's Resource Center, Inc., Ft. Myers, Fla.
- Alzheimer's Community Care, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Care Club of Collier County, Inc., Naples, Fla.
- Riverstone Senior Life Services, New York, N.Y.
- The ARK of South Carolina, Summerville, S.C.
Fall 2013 Family Respite Care Recipients
- AGE of Central Texas, Austin, Texas
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Services of Northern Indiana, Inc.,
South Bend, Ind.
- Alzheimer's Family Day Center, Fairfax, Va.
- Alzheimer's Family Services Center, Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Alzheimer's Services Center, Morrow, Ga.
- E.A. Roberts Alzheimer's Center at Mobile Infirmary, Mobile, Ala.
- Grace Center for Adult Day Services, Corvallis, Ore.
- Memory Matters, Hilton Head, S.C.
- Oaks ARMS Adult Day Services, Orangeburg, S.C.
- Thelma's Place, Canby, Ore.
- VNA Community Services, Inc., Monterey, Calif.
Summer 2013 Family Respite Care Recipients
- Alzheimer's Disease Association of Kern County, Inc.
(ADAKC) Adult Day Care Services, Bakersfield, Calif.
- OPICA Adult Day Care Center, Inc., Los Angeles, Calif.
- Senior Services for South Sound – STARS Adult Day Program, Olympia, Wash.