The Alzheimer's Foundation of America (AFA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We are strongly committed to maximizing funds spent on program services and minimizing administrative and fundraising expenses.
Donations help fund our toll-free helpline with counseling by licensed social workers, resources and referrals, educational materials and DVDs, respite care grants, grants for member organizations that provide direct care and support, educational conferences, national initiatives such as National Memory Screening Month and Raise Your Voice For Care, professional education and training, and AFA’s Young Leadership Division. In addition, through strategic partnerships, AFA funds research for medical treatment and a cure.
Read AFA's Fiscal Year 2015 Annual Report.
Read Alzheimer's Foundation of America 2015 Audited Financial Report.
View AFA's Fiscal Year 2015 Form 990.
Read AFA’s Fiscal Year 2014 Annual Report.
Read Alzheimer's Foundation of America 2014 Audited Financial Report.
View AFA's Fiscal Year 2014 Form 990.
In 2014, AFA expended 85 percent of expenses on program services to help individuals with Alzheimer's disease and their families; the remaining 15 percent supported general, administrative and fundraising expenses.
AFA Receives “BBB" Seal
The Alzheimer's Foundation of America is the proud recipient of the "BBB Wise Giving Alliance National Charity Seal." Click here for more information.
AFA Receives “Best in America” Seal of Excellence
The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America is the proud recipient of the “Best in America” Seal of Excellence—designating AFA as one of the top charities in America. Click here for more information.