About Alzheimer's Foundation of America
The Alzheimer's Foundation of America (AFA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We are strongly committed to maximizing funds spent on program services and minimizing administrative and fundraising expenses.
Donations help fund our toll-free helpline with counseling by licensed social workers, resources and referrals, educational materials and DVDs, respite care grants, grants for member organizations that provide direct care and support, educational conferences, national initiatives such as National Memory Screening Day, professional education and training, and AFA Teens. In addition, through strategic partnerships, AFA funds research for medical treatment and a cure.
Read AFA's Fiscal Year 2013 annual report.
In 2013, AFA expended 85 percent of expenses on program services to help individuals with Alzheimer's disease and their families; the remaining 15 percent supported general, administrative and fundraising expenses.
AFA Receives “BBB" Seal