Long-Term Care Statistics
1. About 70 percent of individuals older than age 65 will require at least some type of long-term care services during their lifetime.
2. Among those currently receiving long-term care services, 40 percent are people aged 18 to 64.
3. More than 40 percent will need care in a nursing home for some period of time.
4. Among those individuals 65+ who need long-term care, 20 percent will need services for more than five years.
5. Women need care for longer (on average 3.7 years) than men (on average 2.2 years).
Source: National Clearinghouse Center for Long-Term Care Information
For more information about long-term care, connect with the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America’s licensed social workers. Click here or call 866.232.8484. Real People. Real Care.