Long-Term Care Statistics
1. About 70 percent of individuals older than age 65 will require at least some type of long-term care services during their lifetime.
2. Among those currently receiving long-term care services, 40 percent are people aged 18 to 64.
3. More than 40 percent will need care in a nursing home for some period of time.
4. Among those individuals 65+ who need long-term care, 20 percent will need services for more than five years.
5. Women need care for longer (on average 3.7 years) than men (on average 2.2 years).
Alzheimer's Foundation of America 866.232.8484