In celebration of its 15th anniversary, AFA is hosting the
“AFA National Educating America Tour”
AFA’s Concepts in Care Educational Conferences will provide individuals throughout the nation the opportunity to hear experts on topics to include: access to healthcare, transitioning from home to residential care setting, safeguarding your space, long-term care, perceptions of aging, and clinical trials and research.
The educational conferences are free and will also provide memory screenings and a display of memory quilts.
May 5, 2017 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
New York Hilton Midtown – Trianon Ballroom – 1335 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10019
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. – Registration, Continental Breakfast, Free Confidential Memory Screenings, Exhibit Hall
- 9:30-10:00 a.m. – Welcome
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. – Unraveling Alzheimer’s Disease
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – Long-Term Care
- 12:00-1:30 p.m. – Start With Yes: Improving Dementia Communication Through Improv
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. – Programming With Purpose: A Recreational Framework For The Creation of Roles, Rituals and Creative Expression.