In celebration of its 15th anniversary, AFA is hosting the
“AFA National Educating America Tour”
AFA’s Concepts in Care Educational Conferences will provide individuals throughout the nation the opportunity to hear experts on topics to include: access to healthcare, transitioning from home to residential care setting, safeguarding your space, long-term care, perceptions of aging, and clinical trials and research.
The educational conferences are free and will also provide memory screenings and a display of memory quilts.
September 14, 2017 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
The Whittemore House – 1526 New Hampshire Ave., NW Washington, DC 20036
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. – Registration, Continental Breakfast, Free Confidential Memory Screenings, Exhibit Hall
- 9:30-10:00 a.m. – Legislative Welcome
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. – Unraveling Alzheimer’s Disease
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – Caregiving in the Workplace
- 12:00-1:30 p.m. – Working Lunch and Legislative Update
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. – The FrameWorks Project: Aging