AFA PARTNERS IN CARE:
SUPPORTING INDIVIDUALS LIVING WITH DEMENTIA
ARE YOU A HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL?
Join AFA for a day long training in Dementia Care in West Palm Beach on March 28, 2017 for AFA’s Partners in Care training.
AFA’s is offering a special, day-long dementia care training workshop in West Palm Beach! “AFA Partners in Care: Supporting Individuals Living With Dementia,” is designed to help health care professionals—including home health aides, social workers, and nurses—feel comfortable and confident working with individuals living with dementia and their families.
What you will learn:
- What is the difference between dementia and other diseases like Alzheimer’s?
- How to build relationships with individuals living with Alzheimer’s Disease
- Understanding how different behaviors can be the communication of an unmet need
- Skills to improve your abilities to provide personal care
- AND MUCH MORE!!!
- The Volen Center – March 28, 2017 – 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
1515 West Palmetto Park Road
Boca Raton, FL 33486
6 Contact Hours Available for Social Workers.
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers – Provider #886446769
Certification as an AFA Dementia Care Partner available with this training.